Benjamin S. Kafka is a trial lawyer and partner at O’Connor, Carnathan & Mack, LLC and has been with the firm since 2006.
Mr. Kafka’s practice focuses on complex commercial and business litigation, fraud claims, real estate litigation, construction law, consumer protection, employment/wage claim disputes, trust fund litigation, insurance coverage, criminal defense and general liability personal injury litigation, including premises liability, product liability and motor vehicle claims.
Mr. Kafka has extensive trial experience and has handled cases for the firm’s clients in state and federal courtrooms across the Commonwealth and in a variety of alternative dispute resolution forums including mediation and arbitration. Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Kafka was an associate in the litigation department of a prominent Boston based full service law firm and was an Assistant District Attorney for Norfolk County.
Some of Mr. Kafka’s recent accomplishments include:
- Negotiated resolution on behalf of plaintiff for misappropriation of industry specific software program, violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, 18 U.S.C. §1030; and violation of G.L. c. 93A.
- Successful representation of multiple commercial landlords in actions for breach of commercial lease.
- Successful representation of several plaintiffs for claims of violation of the Massachusetts Wage Act and breach of contract against former employers.
- Negotiated $750,000 settlement for client who sustained cognitive deficits after head on motor vehicle collision.
- Successful representation of home owner in lawsuit against general contractor for botched renovation, including an award by trial judge of treble damages pursuant to G.L. 93A.
- Successful representation of property owners in premises liability claims.
- Successful representation of clients charged with criminal complaints in courts across the state.
O’Connor, Carnathan and Mack, LLC Partner
Barron & Stadfeld, P.C. Associate
Norfolk County District Attorney’s Office Assistant District Attorney