Tara J. Myslinski is a partner of the firm. She joined the firm in 2007.
Ms. Myslinski concentrates her practice in complex civil litigation, including commercial leasing disputes, financial and banking industry disputes, fiduciary litigation, insurance disputes, employment disputes and toxic tort and product liability defense.
She has represented Fortune 500 companies as well as individuals.
Some of the recent highlights of her practice include:
- Lead successful arbitration, resulting in favorable award, a finding of an M.G.L. c. 93A violation and attorneys’ fee award, on behalf of distributor against national dealership for infringement of exclusive dealership territory.
- Representation of second mortgage holder against debtor and first lienholder for breach of intercreditor agreement.
- Prosecution of securities claim on behalf of investor alleging unsuitability, breach of fiduciary duty and failure to supervise; second-chaired continuing FINRA arbitration.
- Successfully represented commercial landlord in complex eviction action where core issue was lease interpretation; second-chaired Superior Court trial resulting in landlord’s verdict.
- Obtained large arbitration award for car dealership that suffered extensive fire damage against insurance company in single-chaired arbitration.
- Successfully defended hedge fund against limited partner’s complaint alleging breach of partnership agreement’s withdrawal clause; participated in drafting successful summary judgment motion.
- Managed litigation brought by Fortune 500 commercial bank against foreign agent for mishandling of tender offer; defended same client in action alleging delayed transfer of accounts during 2008 market downturn.
- Represented trustees of large family trust in claim brought by minor beneficiary alleging oral promises of “care for life” by decedent.
- Co-Chair of the Women’s Bar Association Women in the Courtroom Committee
- Director, Swampscott Education Foundation
- Licensed RE Broker since 2005
- Adjunct Professor of Business Law, Fisher College (Fall 2008)
- Former Director of Mytown, Inc. (2005-2009)
O’Connor, Carnathan and Mack, LLC Associate
Holland & Knight, LLP Litigation Associate
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe, LLP Litigation Associate
Superior Court of Maine Judicial Law Clerk
Donoghue, Barrett & Singal, P.C. Law Clerk
- Superior Court, Portland, Maine
- Editor and co-author, Damages, Interest, and Attorney Fees in Massachusetts Litigation (MCLE, 2015 ed. & 2017 Supp.)
- Co-author, “Chapter 93A: Dilution and Confusion through Overuse,” Massachusetts Law Review (forthcoming Summer 2017)
- Moderator: “Connecting with your Jury” (WBA, 2014)
- Moderator: “For Associates Only: A Frank Discussion” (WBA, 2015)
- Panel Member: Damages, Interest and Attorneys’ Fees in Massachusetts Litigation (MCLE, 2017)